Senate Border Bill unveiled ....

For poking fun and off topic subjects
butlersrangers

Senate Border Bill unveiled ....

Post by butlersrangers »

"Closed" really means, "No Problem ... Enter Here"!
Attachments
Biden Border Security.jpg
Biden Border Security.jpg (111.58 KiB) Viewed 897 times

Dick Hosmer

Re: Senate Border Bill unveiled ....

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Truth! And certainly not funny. Even if you do not like Trump , or simply consider him to be the lesser of two weevils, we have GOT to get rid of the current shitshow in DC (AND those in the Liberal/Woke large cities) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good old days of Harry Truman, and Democrats who loved their country, are long gone. Nowadays, if you vote blue, I see you as a menace, and a traitor, sorta like being a Tory in 1776. I respect anyone's right to have an opinion, I am NOT required to respect the opinion itself.

waterman

Post by waterman »

Dick Hosmer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:17 pm Truth! And certainly not funny. Even if you do not like Trump , or simply consider him to be the lesser of two weevils, we have GOT to get rid of the current shitshow in DC (AND those in the Liberal/Woke large cities) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good old days of Harry Truman, and Democrats who loved their country, are long gone. Nowadays, if you vote blue, I see you as a menace, and a traitor, sorta like being a Tory in 1776. I respect anyone's right to have an opinion, I am NOT required to respect the opinion itself.
I'm with ya on Truth!, but us like-minded folks could each cast a dozen votes here in the Peoples' Republic of California and it would have zero impact on the outcome. Unfortunately, I think we're looking at another 4 years of the incumbents.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

I guess we need to find out how the Dems cast multiple votes and give them a dose of their own medicine! The PRK stops around Davis - we live in heaven . . .

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

This is how Washington politicians are going to pay for all their shenanigans.

Don't we know it, .... and our children will know it more!
Attachments
the IRS.jpg
the IRS.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 638 times

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Think THAT'S bad? Wait until the "digital dollar" is unleashed - probably later this year. The gubmint will have TOTAL control over EVERYTHING that you do! Been putting away Krags (or snuffboxes) hoping to help fund your retirement? How are you going to sell them? Even if Billy Bumf**k 'taps' your phone to put $1000 into your government-controlled "wallet", how are you going to explain that it is not ALL taxable profit? Have you saved ALL of your receipts since 1970? Even if you have, will the government take your word for it? They will be all-powerful - judge, jury, and (financial) executioner. We cannot stop it - we are too deep in debt. Think Weimar Republic. . . . . Wheelbarrows full of Benjamins (until they are confirmed, by edict, to be worthless scraps of paper) to buy a loaf of bread. It ain't going to be pretty. Chew on that, instead of worrying whether Taylor Swift will be at the Super Bowl.

"Oh, but wait, there's more"

AFTER the government has made everyone's finances electronic - there is the apparently very real threat of China/Russia/Iran attacking us with an EMP weapon!! Talk about being screwed!! Yes, the EMP has been talked about for several years and - as far as we know (though there have been some mysterious local outages - "tests"?) has not come to pass.

I am NOT an economist, or a precious metals pimp, but I do understand the concept of "intrinsic value". The only thing that differentiates a Washington from a Benjamin is the (present) universal acceptance of such difference. Once gone, they're both just soiled scraps of fancy paper, not even very good for wiping your butt. The government outlawed ownership of US gold coins in 1933 (later rescinded of course) but permanently uncoupled silver (1965) and gold (1971) from the paper money supply - making it a true "fiat currency" (it's good because we say it is, but when/if we change our mind - guess what?).

Drug sales will plummet and the cartel's suitcases full of Benjamins will be worthless. Burglaries and home invasions will rise exponentially as the junkies, deprived of their money, desperately look elsewhere to feed their habit.

Did you used to chuckle at the donkey pulling the cart (the one having automobile wheels) in Lower Bumfukistan? It could be here in a couple of years . . .

PROVE me wrong - PLEASE - the more I type, the more depressed I get.
Last edited by Dick Hosmer on Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Richard: It's all about supply and demand.
Attachments
mom ratted out.jpg
mom ratted out.jpg (222.69 KiB) Viewed 586 times

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Chuck, the cartoon is funny - actually very funny, but the words don't address the issue (which is NOT the simple, and trite, "supply and demand" situation) at all.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

OK, it's about Demand and Supply.

Our government controlled by wealthy special interests, lawyer politicians and pencil-neck lackies, who are all seeking to hold on to power and push corrupt agendas,
Demand that American Citizens Supply their wealth & benefits, property, children, happiness, freedoms, and domestic tranquility.

To say more is not practical in this Bizarro Universe. If not for gallows humor, we'd all go mad.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

Or, in other words: "Loose lips sink ships" and "Large male fraternal relative's ear is cocked." Probably so, I'd better get back to my fantasizing. If I disappear, you'll know why . . . .