Hornaday Interlock 220 grain bullet Sale

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
Stretch32

Re: Hornaday Interlock 220 grain bullet Sale

Post by Stretch32 »

I bought 1500 FMJ 220 grain RN bullets several years ago from a guy on the CMP forum. At the time I didn’t even own Krag but I knew what they were for. I also didn’t realize how rare(?) they were and I only bought them because the price was right. I’m assuming the ones I purchased were either surplus military or (more likely) old Remington or Hornady projectiles.

I think our best option is to see if Hornady will make a run of their old FMJ bullet if we agree to go in on a group buy. I would think they’d be cheaper than Woodleigh and probably just as accurate if not more. They’d probably also be more likely to make them I’d guess.

Stretch

scottz63

Post by scottz63 »

That sounds good. I would be in on that.
14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I would ABSOLUTELY be in on that Greg!!!

Stretch32

Post by Stretch32 »

Guess I’ll call Hornady tomorrow….

Stretch

larrys

Post by larrys »

My 250 count box of 220 grain bullets are en route from American Reloading. Have bought a number of various projectiles from them. The "pulled .308 150 grain FMJ's" I bought from them looked new without any pull marks.
Larry

Mike4MSU

Post by Mike4MSU »

Any update?

Stretch32

Post by Stretch32 »

I spoke to someone at Hornady who offered to “pass along” the idea to their sales and product development team. I didn’t really get an impression on whether it was something they were or might be interested in.

It might be a good idea for us to talk to the Hornady people at Camp Perry and see if we can go that route. I was also planning to send an email but was told they may or may not respond due to pretty heavy workloads already.

It really seems like we need to just be a squeaky wheel over the next year at every opportunity and try to convince them to make a “match” 220 grain RN FMJ in .308. If everyone sends an email requesting the bullet and stops by the Hornady booth at Perry to hound them maybe they’ll realize there’s a market for an accurate bullet that looks like the original government Krag version.

Stretch

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

That's a great idea Greg!

Back in 2018 or 2019, I actually spoke to (and became friends with) a Hornady rep at Perry about the vererable Krag round. At that time, he had revealed to me about Hornady's coming out with loaded 30-40 ammo and brass... which happened that following spring. He told me that they knew of the situation regarding our beloved round, and how they were "Stepping Up" at that time because no one else was. My point being that if enough people inquired about a 220 RN FMJ bullet for match purposes, they might just listen! It may be an expensive endevour... but the results on the firing line would be worth it (at least to me)!