Box of new old 30/40 remington ammo.

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
FredC

Box of new old 30/40 remington ammo.

Post by FredC »

I was at a flea market this weekend and a regular there had one full box of unfired Krag Remington ammo. The box looks like it has been around for a while. If anyone wants it PM and let me know. The seller wanted $25.00, I could offer a few less. If anyone does want this box it will be whatever iI pay plus shipping.

psteinmayer

Re: Box of new old 30/40 remington ammo.

Post by psteinmayer »

FredC wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:20 pm I was at a flea market this weekend and a regular there had one full box of unfired Krag Remington ammo. The box looks like it has been around for a while. If anyone wants it PM and let me know. The seller wanted $25.00, I could offer a few less. If anyone does want this box it will be whatever iI pay plus shipping.
Not that I want to purchase (I have plenty of factory ammo that I keep for reserve)... but what is the box markings and headstamps? This could help date the ammo. Remington has had many different markings and headstamps over the years, (R-P small font, R-P large font, Rem, Rem-UMC... etc.). Just asking out of curiosity

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

FredC - Please buy it. I will take it, if no one else asks.

But, I will prefer that it goes to a 'Newbie', who is desperately searching for a box of ammo for his/her first Krag experience!
Last edited by butlersrangers on Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FredC

Post by FredC »

OK, I will buy it. I like Br's idea. If a newbie comes along it will be his. Friday will be my next day there.

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

Me! Me! Me! Ooooo! Ooooo!

I'm trans-newbie. I identify as a newbie to guns. The hole on the end of the pipey thing is what you look in, right? What's a Krag? Can I buy a bazooka here? Where can I buy a thermal nuclear bomb?

Wow. My very first box of ammo. Gee Whiz. Willickers. and finally, golly!

:lol:
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I'd be laughing if I didn't already KNOW what a nut-case you really are Deacon Culpeper! :lol: :lol: :lol:

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

Seriously, "Culpeper" is not eligible, because of .... , a grievous lack of seriously!

MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

That crazy lunatic "Ayatollah Culpeper" doesn't need anymore Krag ammo...especially a thermal nuclear bomb!!!

I'm currently down here in my Georgia winter shack with not one .30-40 Krag bullet to my name. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Does that make me eligible???
Attachments
Ayatollah.jpg
Ayatollah.jpg (9.59 KiB) Viewed 980 times

Culpeper

Post by Culpeper »

MooseNugget wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:04 pm That crazy lunatic "Ayatollah Culpeper" doesn't need anymore Krag ammo...especially a thermal nuclear bomb!!!

I'm currently down here in my Georgia winter shack with not one .30-40 Krag bullet to my name. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Does that make me eligible???
Normally I would say, yes, you are eligible but I am a crazy lunatic ayatollah and am not the one to make the decision whether you get it or not. Truth be told I hope you do get some ammo soon.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/30-40-krag

(confidentially, I've already had the bomb in a way, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGM-25C_Titan_II )
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

Culp I know better than to actually think of you as an Ayatollah. You've spent a good part of your life defending our country against fanatical evil tyrants. Thank you very much for your service!

FWIW: I have plenty of .30-40 ammo back home in the 'Great White North'.

BTW: Back in the day, when the 'Strategic Air Command (SAC)' was in existence, I worked on the 465L computer system used in SAC command post and missile silos.
Attachments
SAC.jpg
SAC.jpg (10.69 KiB) Viewed 957 times