Chrono results

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
Kerz

Re: Chrono results

Post by Kerz »

Update:
Well after my absolute train wreck at Perry, I've made a few changes. Installed a proper front sight blade, clean some trigger parts (made a significant improvement from the previous 7+ lbs) and zeroed the 1902 sight with "V" notch as opposed to the aperture.
Also tried reloading the Hornady 160 Gr FXT bullet with 41.5 grs IMR4350. The chrono results averaged 2228 FPS (5 shots) vs 1920 FPS 41.3 grs H4831/220 Hornady.
The 160 FXT was originally designed for 30-30 tube fed rifles, providing improved range and accuracy, i.e 300 yard capability.
Groups noted below.
Vic

Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Kerz

Post by Kerz »

220 Hornady groupImage

NRA Benefactor Member

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Speaking of Perry... Tried to find you Kerz. I was hoping to meet you and shoot together in our group. Hopefully, we can meet up sometime soon...

Kerz

Post by Kerz »

Paul,
I must apologize, several people were at my campsite (on Post) the evening of the dinner (although it was always doubtful I would be able to make it) including a good friend from Australia. I did walk down the line that morning in hopes I would run into you. I was at a centerline target.
Vic

NRA Benefactor Member

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Well, then you were pretty close to us, as we were just to the left of the range officer's tower. We shot 1 & 2 and pitted 3 & 4. Really sorry we missed... but I understand about having your friends there. Next year, we'll try to do it again! I'd like to continue the dinner too as a new tradition to go along with the annual Roosevelt Match!

Paul

Kerz

Post by Kerz »

BTW the charger worked great!

NRA Benefactor Member