Update Reloading frustrations

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
musketjon

Re: Update Reloading frustrations

Post by musketjon »

+1 on the Lee dies. They are cheaper than my RCBS dies and make ammo every bit as good. Lee definitely stands behind their products and has terrific customer service. Just for the record, my 30-40 dies are Lee.
Check ebay for them. I bought mine new for less than 25 bucks.
Jon

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Lee definitely stands behind their products and has terrific customer service.

Amen to that! I had a 30-06 sizing die that I got a case stuck in and destroyed the mandrel trying to remove it. I called LEE and they replaced the die no questions asked... even after I explained that it was MY fault! LEE gets ALL my business!

Kerz

Post by Kerz »

Interesting thread.
Yelp, As Paul mentioned, I too agree that Lee are great folks to deal with! I have a set of Lee dies for my Krag. And as previously noted, RCBS has great customer service as well. It might be worth a call to RCBS CS folks. Setting the sizing die face back a few thousands would likely fix the issue.

I had a similar problem with a 03-A4 clone where my new Hornady Custom Grade die just wouldn't set the shoulder back enough to allow for smooth bolt closing (read as tight chamber). I called their CS people and discussed the problem. They went thru several scenarios, including using only Hornady press and shell holder. Now, I knew this just wasn't going to result in a solution. CS was reluctant to reface the die. Stating: they've had several done for customers that didn't solve the problem. Huh, I thinking.
A few weeks later I talked with one of their guys at the NRA Convention in Louisville. He was most helpful and provided return authorization to have the face setback 0.007".
Problem solved!
Vic
Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

TexTenn59

Post by TexTenn59 »

The 'Truth Be Told', Parashooter stated the remedy back in Reply #7:

" .... upper surface of shellholder can be stoned or sanded thinner to allow case to enter the die farther".

Smart man - Buy him a Spritzer!

/\ /\

This is what I did to push shoulder back to fit the chamber. Needed 0.003" to make closing the bold smooth without resistance.