New Manufacture 30-40 Krag Available! =)

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
Ambrose

New Manufacture 30-40 Krag Available! =)

Post by Ambrose »

Hello;

After having added myself to various lists I found that in line with the recent Graf brass availability there is a remanufacturer that makes and sells the ammo with 180 grain Core Lokt bullets at factory/safe pressure levels. To buy from this manufacturer directly would require some significant bulk but there is a shop with an online presence that sells it from time to time.

www.amo-one.com
info@ammo-one.com
(207) 648-4087
23 Chelsea Drive
Standish Maine 04084

When you call or email ask for the owner David Call.

http://www.shop.ammo-one1.com/product.sc?productId=387&categoryId=493

I have bought ammo from here over the last few months and he has had availability on and off. Even if they are out of stock contact David and ask him to put you on the alert list. It's all I have been able to find for factory ammo and if there are those who are reluctant do reload and wish to shoot factory only I wanted to share this as a viable option going forward. Maybe I just don't want to reload just yet but it shoots like the recent factory Remington ammo that just went out of production, good enough for range and some hunting use.

kerry49

Re: New Manufacture 30-40 Krag Available! =)

Post by kerry49 »

Along these line there is Krag ammo at Selway armory from pci. Anybody know if this is good for my 1898's?
Kerry

Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

Well I'll be darned, 4 boxes (as of this post) available. I have enough for now but anyone looking for factory loads here is your chance:
http://www.selwayarmory.com/pci-30-40-krag-180-gr-sierra-spt-soft-point-box-of-20.html

I asked David Call of Ammo One the same question and what he told me was that just like 45-70 or 45 colt most loads unless specified are safe for the Krag Jorgensen pressures because the preponderance of weapons made are not safe for hot rodding. This of course is what I heard and from my experience shot with the Ammo Arms new manufacture ammo. I suggest anyone interested should call and ask, just in case!

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I asked David Call of Ammo One the same question and what he told me was that just like 45-70 or 45 colt most loads unless specified are safe for the Krag Jorgensen pressures because the preponderance of weapons made are not safe for hot rodding. This of course is what I heard and from my experience shot with the Ammo Arms new manufacture ammo.

While this may be true of 30-40 ammo (although the jury is still out on a couple I've seen out there), this is not true of 45/70. Trapdoor rifles and carbines require considerably less pressure than some of the arms chambered in the same round (like the Marlin 336, for example). There is factory 45/70 sold on the shelves which would destroy a Trapdoor, and most of them do not state this on the box.

Add to it this: The Ruger #1 & 3, Browning/Winchester High-Wall, and Winchester 1895 all handle considerably higher pressures than the 40,000 CUP of our beloved Krag. Be certain that any new ammo offered for the Krag is truly within safe ranges.

Always do your homework when trying new ammo in these old treasures so they don't become shrapnel and kindling!

Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

I have found another dealer/remanufacturer who produces 30 40 Krag ammunition "new".

Bullseye shooting supplies in Woonsocket RI makes and reloads ammo as well as deals in remanufactured ammo. They also buy brass to make new ammo in various odd calibers like 7.7 Jap, 6.8 SPC or 303 British amongst others though they mostly specialize in handgun calibers. Because he has an automated reloading machine for handgun calibers most of what he does is in this realm but on request if you have at least 100 empty brass to give (or mail) he will reload them for you in a ~4 week period.

The owner Paul owns 2 Krags which he shoots on a semi regular basis and just recently purchased 1,000 brass from Graf & Sons, will be selling new manufactured ammo in boxes of 20 rounds around ~40 dollars a box or just under.

https://www.bullseyeshootingsupplies.com/
https://www.facebook.com/bullseyeshootingsupplies/
837 Park Ave
Woonsocket, RI 02895
Phone: (401) 766-4409