KRAG BRASS

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
RichWIS

KRAG BRASS

Post by RichWIS »

Graf's has Krag Brass, 84 cents each, less in larger quantities.

Culpeper

Re: KRAG BRASS

Post by Culpeper »

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/73152
Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

AzMedic

Re: KRAG BRASS (Graf's - Manufacturer?)

Post by AzMedic »

Do you think the manufacturer is Starline Brass?

I noticed a facebook post stating Starline produced their first 'necked' cases that was posted on Graf's FB page on Oct 5.... thoughts??

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I doubt it's Starline. They only recently started with a single case... and based on an email I received, I don't think they'll be interested in Krag brass because it will never hit the quantity that they would for 5.56 or 7.62.

My guess is that it's PRVI since they make all of Graf's brass, and they already made .303.

polska

Post by polska »

Grafs already out. That was fast,hope everyone got some.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Hopefully, the right people took notice of how much sold, and how fast it sold. Maybe now, we'll see an increase in manufacture from Remington... and maybe PRVI will start manufacture under their name as well!

JimW

Post by JimW »

Says made in USA? Can't think that's PRVI.

BM1455

Post by BM1455 »

Received my 200 today. Just a quick look at a few of the cases.
They say Graf / 30-40 Krag on them.
They do not look like Remington or Winchester cases.
I threw them into my Wilson case gauge and found that they were a little bit long in the shoulder. Since you should run them through the resize dies anyways as the necks are not perfectly round due to packaging, this gives you an opportunity to bump the shoulder back into speck. Contrast this to some old Winchester un-fired cases I have where they are quite a bit short in the case gauge right from the factory. No way to bump those forward so you just fire form those when you shoot them. So this stuff from Grafs should cause less stretching in the case head area than the Winchester or Remington brass when you fire it for the first time. (I have noticed that my Remington fired brass gets a little distortion in this area at the first firing. The Winchester brass does not show this as much but I have to think it is stretching there a bit too since it gauges a bit short.) So, maybe a good thing? Less wear on that part of the case with the Graf cases?
Comments?

madsenshooter

Post by madsenshooter »

Didn't have any extra money when needed to buy from Grafs, so I'm still working on converting my .303 blanks.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I hope cartridge manufacturers take note that Graf's apparently sold 25,000 (.30-40 cases) in less than two days.

IMHO - If more makers are supplying .30-40 brass and the supply becomes stable, it would eliminate hoarding, anxiety, uncertainty and probably normalize (lower) the price.