Parts

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
Culpeper

Parts

Post by Culpeper »

I was wondering if there is any news on Mr. DeChistopher's parts. I really do not like the idea of doing business on Ebay again after all these years.

Deacon in the Church of the Mighty Krag. Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).  Liberty Works Radio

Ned Butts
Site Admin

Re: Parts

Post by Ned Butts »

His grandson, I believe, is selling them on ebay. You might try contacting him through ebay first, then see if he is selling privately.

butlersrangers

Post by butlersrangers »

I think the grandson may be using the names: 'movieman630', 'granpa's gun parts', and 'The Big 3 Obsolete NOS Parts' (store) on eBay. (He sells original Krag cleaning rods reasonable). He lists gate/follower spring @ $25.

Krag 'loading-gate/follower' springs show up frequently on eBay for a reasonable price ($15-$20).

S.B.

Post by S.B. »

I dislike Ebay very much, won't let you talk or contact the seller directly, sellers usually give a non answer to questions, and description are vague to say the least. Non American's aren't held to American standards :o
Steve
The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

Baltimoreed

Post by Baltimoreed »

I just bought a pair of swivels from grandpas gun parts. Look good on my old Krag. I've bought a bunch of stuff via eBay over the years with only a few rip offs. Gotta do your homework before you buy not after you open the box. I do check if the seller has a return policy but I've had a few issues with sellers on Gun Broker. I look extra hard if the seller says no returns.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

I'm wondering if his grandson values the parts the way Joe did. Joe valued the parts the way he valued the people who sought them, and he always treated his customers with respect. With his grandson putting them on EBay, it's as if he doesn't care and he's trying to turn an easy few bucks.

BM1455

Post by BM1455 »

I got a magazine follower spring from him. It was reasonable and arrived at my mailbox in about two seconds! :)
Can you really fault some one if he wants to make some money on stuff he inherits that he may not be interested in personally or possible knows little if anything about? It is still getting to the people who want it.