Camp Perry 2015

Ammunition, reloading, shooting, etc
psteinmayer

Camp Perry 2015

Post by psteinmayer »

I realize this may be a little early since the National Rifle Matches are still several months off... but Bob Wolfe and I are going to squad with our Krags for Vintage on Sunday morning (the 19th of July) this year. I thought it would be great if we could get a bunch of Krag shooters all together... sort of a Show-Of-Force for our beloved Krags. We could meet up early and ensure that we are all stationed on adjoining firing positions. How does that sound???

Paul

butlersrangers

Re: Camp Perry 2015

Post by butlersrangers »

So many targets, sooo little time!Image

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

PLEASE tell me the targets and numbers align better than that from a shooter's viewpoint!!! That shot makes my brain hurt.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

It's that way so each shooter has a couple choices to shoot at... LOL.

But seriously - yes, the numbers do line up with the targets from the shooter's perspective! That picture was obviously taken at an angle to the targets.

psteinmayer

Post by psteinmayer »

Incidentally, I have registered for the AM Vintage relay on the Viale Range on Sunday, July 19th. Incase anyone wants to join Bob and I.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

It's that way so each shooter has a couple choices to shoot at... LOL.

But seriously - yes, the numbers do line up with the targets from the shooter's perspective! That picture was obviously taken at an angle to the targets.

I was sure they do, and it was, but with 10 targets taking the same space as nine numbers, I was just wondering!

Parashooter

Post by Parashooter »

I was sure they do, and it was, but with 10 targets taking the same space as nine numbers, I was just wondering!

It's a matter of perspective. The numbers are some 20 yards closer than the targets. Here's a satellite view, with "ruler" -

img