Bayonet

Historical threads originally posted to the 'Krag Forum' board
mjanway

Bayonet

Post by mjanway »

I was doing my usual pawn shop prowling today when I happened upon a large bayonet labeled Krag Bayonet. It seems it was a Springfield Armory 1900? Price was listed at $99. I attempted to trade a 22 auto and a 25 auto I inherited and don't want around but he wouldn't trade.

Came back home and looked at some of them on gunbroker and ebay and I guess that isn't too bad a price for that. Might give it a week or two and see if they still have it and have another try at it.

I don't know anything about bayonets and it certainly wouldn't do me any good with my Krag, but it isn't something I come across everyday and I would rather have it than my saturday night specials.

Jack

psteinmayer

Re: Bayonet

Post by psteinmayer »

A bayonet is one of my future purchases for my 1898 rifle. I also need a sling... Other than that, my rifle is complete.

Dick Hosmer

Post by Dick Hosmer »

NEVER heard a Krag bayonet described as "large" before. Does it have an odd profile, like a Bowie knife, or bolo?

mjanway

Post by mjanway »

No sir, looks like that one on page 201 in Mr. Poyer's book. I guess I'm use to the M1 carbine sized bayonets. It sure looked large to me.

Jack