Krag Barreled Receiver on CMP Forum

U.S. Military Krags
Kerz

Krag Barreled Receiver on CMP Forum

Post by Kerz »

Just passing this along in case someone is interested. It's listed as a Springfield barrel rechambered to 30-40. ??
Vic
https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=272912
Preparedness + Opportunity= Luck

NRA Benefactor Member
KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

butlersrangers

Re: Krag Barreled Receiver on CMP Forum

Post by butlersrangers »

This looks like it could be a product of the Stokes Kirk or Sedgely shops in Philadelphia.

The use of an altered 1903 Springfield barrel and sheet-metal front-sight base, take it out of the realm of being a "DCM/NRA - Carbine", as produced at Benecia Arsenal, in the late 1920's.

That being said, a person with a stash of Krag parts could turn this into a cute little Hunting Rig.
Attachments
classic gun photography.jpg
classic gun photography.jpg (106.84 KiB) Viewed 852 times
likely Stokes Kirk.jpeg
likely Stokes Kirk.jpeg (120.62 KiB) Viewed 852 times

FredC

Re: Krag Barreled Receiver on CMP Forum

Post by FredC »

Whig sold me a barreled receiver that had the last 6 inches of the barrel in pretty tough shape for less than the $80.00 asked here. It had a lot more of the hardware that this stripped receiver. Unless the barrel is pristine and you have a lot of parts on hand this one will cost more than it is worth to make it shoot again. Did not see the advertisement, if "DCM/NRA - Carbine" part is misrepresented the barrel condition may be suspect also. Maybe, if threw the shoes in?

On this one Whig sold me I could cut off 8 inches of the muzzle end and have a fairly nice faux carbine ready to drop in a stock for way less money.